Faith Lakewood is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), founded in 1924 as a mission in southwest Lakewood, Ohio, an inner-ring suburb of Cleveland.
Nearly 90 years later, in the summer of 2011, the congregation has renewed its mission effort, calling its first mission pastor since a missionary, the Rev. Edward Schramm, held its first worship service in a store room on Madison Avenue on Sept. 7, 1924.
Faith’s new mission effort is focused on engaging and serving the community and offering opportunities to encounter God in worship, service and community activities.
All are welcome.